Saturday, June 4, 2011

I'm Officially a Pastor....Almost:

Thursday morning I had the opportunity to sit down with the regional director of the association of Great Commission Churches.  In short, he asked me a lot of questions about various doctrines and my understanding of some specific passages within the Bible.  This wasn't a "test" per se, but there was this sort-of pass/fail mindset to it.  Those who pass may go on to be fully recognized as a pastor within the association.

Well... I passed.  Woo-Hoo!  So in all likelihood I'll be an official "pastor" within the next couple weeks.

All in all, I'm thrilled to take this step and fully believe God has called me into full-time ministry.  This calling has been affirmed in recent months as I've had a number of friends and members of the congregation challenge me with counseling questions, difficult biblical and/or life application questions, or just acknowledging how much I've "grown" over the past four years.  It's also been affirmed by others (outside our church) who have yelled at me about our church, hung up the phone cursing/judging me for one reason or another, and one individual even resorted to calling me names.  To the former, I look forward to ministering to our local community alongside you throughout the remainder of my ministry career.  To the latter, my door and our church doors will continue to remain open not only for you, but for all in our community (Leviticus 19:15; Acts 10:34-35; James 2:1-4).

No comments:

Post a Comment