Thursday, March 31, 2011

Welcome!

For a great deal of time, others have been encouraging me to begin my own blog.  But statistics continue to show that blogging is down, way down.  Facebook and Twitter have become an effective means of social interaction, but real communication is something severely lacking in our society.  Yet I like communication.  Sitting down and enjoying true fellowship with another human being gives me gratification that cannot be found elsewhere.

But I enjoy other things as well.  God.  Music.  People.  And coffee, don't want to forget that one.

Due to this, I've decided to listen to the voices of encouragement and attempt the beginnings of a blog.  In case you're wondering...

Q: Why Rock Hard Marshmallows?
A: I have no idea.  I really don't.  Years ago I made a humorous quip about how "Rock Hard Marshmallows" would be a great name for a band.  Years later, I'm utterly amazed that this hasn't happened yet.  Some small band somewhere is seriously missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime!

In all seriousness, the title doesn't make sense.  Neither does God.  Neither does music.  Neither do people.  Christians place faith in a God who cannot be seen.  Music can be translated to a series of 1's and 0's and played back electronically in a way that is still pleasing to the human ear.  And people...well, we all know that people don't make sense, either.

So this blog is about my personal observations on all things...trying to make sense of it all.

Q: Who are you?
A: I'm a pastor.  And for years I've heard others' perspective on God.  I've heard others' perspective on music as well.  Believe it or not, as a "pastor", others have opinions about me, too.  Due to this, I wanted to offer a perspective from the inside.  Being drenched in God, culture, and the lives of people in a sense that most can't recognize, I felt it appropriate that I provide my observations as well.

Sit back.  Agree.  Disagree.  But be civil.  Perhaps we'll all help each other make a little more sense of...well...everything.

5 comments:

  1. 'Bout time! So glad you've joined the community. Looking forward to reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA! Love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! As long as you bring both your humor and your insight you will have lots of people reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee! I have a new favorite blog. (No offense Alise!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jenn - 'Sokay, I'm secure in my bloggy goodness! ;-D

    ReplyDelete